- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon and Cilantro Chicken Breasts Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Large|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, minced|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 914 Calories from Fat 737
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.2%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.1 mg
Sodium 1051.7 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 36 g71.3%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 171.1%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large non-metallic bowl or dish, place the chicken breasts and pour the olive oil over them.
2. Squeeze the juice of the lemons, being careful not to allow the pips in. Let the lemon peels join the chicken in the bowl as well.
3. Coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and throw into the bowl along with the minced garlic.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir to coat the chicken well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
6. Refrigerate the chicken and allow it to marinate so that the flavors are absorbed by the meat.
7. Transfer the chicken to a skillet with a lid or stove-top casserole.
8. Cook the chicken one a medium low flame, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.
9. Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes until tender and browned.
10. Remove the chicken pieces to a board and rest, then slice and serve with the pan juices spooned on top.
11. Accompany with roasted veggies or a fresh green salad.