- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leg of Lamb with White Beans Recipe
|Dried pea beans||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||2 Pound|
|Leg of lamb||7 Pound|
Calories 1235 Calories from Fat 622
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.5%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g153.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.7 mg
Sodium 880.6 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.6%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 110 g219.1%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 65.9%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In 6-quart kettle, combine beans with 6 cups water, bring to boiling and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Cover, remove from heat and let it stand for 1 hour.
4. Drain beans, reserving liquid and add water to liquid to measure 2 quarts.
5. Return beans and liquid to kettle and bring to boiling.
6. Reduce heat simmer, covered for 1 hour until beans are tender and drain.
7. Crush 1 clove garlic.
8. In hot butter in large skillet, saute onion and crushed garlic until golden for about 10 minutes.
9. In shallow roasting pan, mix well combining cooked beans, onion mixture, 2 teaspoons seasoned salt, the salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and the tomatoes.
10. Split remaining clove garlic and rub over lamb.
11. Sprinkle lamb lightly with seasoned salt and remaining rosemary.
12. Place lamb on beans and insert meat thermometer into meaty part—it should not rest against bone.
13. Roast uncovered 3 to 3-1/2 hours or to 175f on meat thermometer, for well done.
14. Remove lamb to heated serving platter or carving board.
15. Turn beans into serving dish sprinkle with parsley and serve.