- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Stock Recipe Video
|Turkey carcass/Chicken carcass||1 (fresh or cooked)|
|No salt seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1-1.5)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|All spice||1 Pinch|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 155 mg51.7%
Sodium 2468 mg102.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 57 g113.2%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In slow cooker pot, put carcass and cover it with water.
2. Add celery, no salt seasoning, and salt.
3. Drop peppercorn, bay leaves, fennel seeds, and all spice. Cover, and cook for 8 hours.
4. Strain stock and freeze it for later use.
5. Prepare soup with the stock or use as desired.
You can remove the meat from carcass and use it in soup.
For no fat stock, put it in refrigerator for 4 hours, and then skim off the fat.
You can use the stock as soup base or add it salsa and gravy.