- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leeks Vinaigrette Recipe
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2135 Calories from Fat 1209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.5%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.4 mg
Sodium 830.9 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.2%
Dietary Fiber 27 g107.9%
Sugars 57.6 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 520.1% Vitamin C 322.7%
Calcium 94.3% Iron 189.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim off the roots and remove the coarse outer leaves from the leeks and then cut away the green tops so that 4 inches of the white stem on each leek remains.
2) Slice the leeks and wash in cold running water.
3) Tie the bundles of leeks and put in boiling salted water along with bay leaves.
4) Cover and cook until the leeks are tender then take out the leeks carefully.
5) In a colander drain the leeks and let it cool.
6) In a cold dish arrange the leeks.
7) In a mixing bowl, blend vinegar, mustard, salt, and freshly grounded pepper.
8) Blend thoroughly and then add oil.
9) Sprinkle parsley over the sauce and spread over the leeks.
10) Let it marinate before serving and serve with sliced hard-cooked eggs.