- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leeks In Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Leeks||1 Pound, washed, halved (450 Gram)|
|Water||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Cornflour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg
Sodium 935.2 mg39%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 29 g57.2%
Vitamin A 167.4% Vitamin C 90.7%
Calcium 94.4% Iron 55.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a roasting bag and place the leeks along with water.
2) Tie the bag loosely with a string and cook on power for 6 minutes on power.
3) Sieve and reserve the liquid.
4) Take a serving dish and arrange the leeks on it.
5) Make a paste of cornflour with milk.
6) Make the sauce upto 350 ml by adding the reserved liquid and the milk.
7) Cook the sauce for a 6 minutes on power, season to taste, and then add grated cheese to it.
8) Pour the sauce over the leeks, garnish with the remaining cheese, and grill to brown.
9) Serve immediately.