- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leek & Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Leeks||2 Bunch (200 gm) (last 6 inches of green cut off)|
|Russet potatoes||2 Large, peeled|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart (orgainc)|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon (organic)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (FOR SERVING)|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.5 mg7.5%
Sodium 679.3 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the leeks thoroughly and cut them into small pieces.
2) Cut the peeled potatoes into quarters.
2) In a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, add the olive oil and saute the cut leeks.
3) Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste or sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle in some more olive oil.
4) Add the potatoes, chicken broth and simmer covered for about 25 minutes.
5) Add the heavy cream, then puree the soup with an immersion blender or food processor.
6) Taste the soup and adjust seasoning.
7) Top the Leek and Potato Soup with a dollop of Creme Fraiche, sprinkle with seasoning and serve with grilled cheese sandwich.
leeks are always very dirty. Cut off top 6 inch on green part then discard. Cut of root end then split down the middle. Carefully wash in cold water being certain to get in between the layers where the dirt hides.