- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leek & Gruyere Omelet Recipe Video
|Leeks||2 Tablespoon, cooked (sauteed in clarified butter)|
|Clarified butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||2 Large, whipped (until frothy)|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 469.4 mg
Sodium 246.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick pan over a high heat, add the clarified butter and swirl it through to coat the pan.
2) Pour in the eggs, stir around and cook for about 30 seconds so that it gets just a little color as possible.
3) When the eggs begin to set, top with the grated Gruyere cheese and leeks.
4) Fold over the omelet twice and turn off the heat.
5) Place the Leek and Gruyere Omelet on a serving plate and serve immediately.