- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leek and Sausage Pie Recipe
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Horseradish||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Pie shell||1 , baked|
|Pork sausages||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Pastry||1 , baked|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4498 Calories from Fat 2306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g399.1%
Saturated Fat 123.9 g619.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 583.3 mg
Sodium 4224.7 mg176%
Total Carbohydrates 465 g155.1%
Dietary Fiber 39.3 g157.4%
Sugars 85.4 g
Protein 92 g183.7%
Vitamin A 632.4% Vitamin C 345.4%
Calcium 121.2% Iron 246.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Trim the leeks, rinse well and slice into julienne strips.
3) In a saucepan, cook the leeks in the chicken stock for about 15 minutes until just tender. Drain well and reserve the stock.
4) In a pan, blend the flour in the melted butter alongwith the salt and pepper.
5) Gradually stir in 2 cups of the reserved stock, allow to boil and cook covered over hot water for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Stir in the heavy cream and leeks into the sauce, reheat and season with the horseradish to taste.
7) Pour in the baked pie shell, arrange the sausages in a wheel like fashion over the sauce mixture and top with the pastry round.
8) Place the pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9) Slice and serve in a nice plate.