- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leek and Mackerel Penne Bake Recipe
|Leeks||2 , trimmed, washed and sliced|
|Penne||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Low fat creme fraiche||200 Milliliter|
|Smoked mackerel fillets||2 Small, skinned and flesh flaked into large chunks|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 216.7 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g41%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 101.3% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack
2) Heat a frying pan and melt the butter. Stir fry the leeks till the become very soft. This will take 10 to 15 minutes.
3) After the leeks have cooked, add in the crème fraiche, capers and fish fillets. Sauté for a minute.
4) Drain the pasta and add into the pan. Stir to mix the pasta with the sauces. Season to taste.
5) Transfer the pan contents to a small baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbs over the dish and grill it till it turns golden and crisp.
6) Serve hot in individual plates.