- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Citron||8 Ounce, finely chopped (1 Container)|
|Chopped unblanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4588 Calories from Fat 1172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g194.6%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2764.7 mg115.2%
Total Carbohydrates 817 g272.2%
Dietary Fiber 55.3 g221.2%
Sugars 412.2 g
Protein 101 g201.5%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 172%
Calcium 89.5% Iron 179.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in brown sugar, egg and lemon rind and juice; blend well.
3. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves and baking soda onto waxed paper.
4. Stir flour mixture into honey mixture one third at a time. Stir in citron and almonds. Dough will be stiff but sticky. Wrap in foil or plastic; chill several hours, till firm.
5. Roll out dough, one eighth at a time, on a lightly floured pastry board, to a 6x5-inch rectangle. Cut into eight 2 1/2x1 1/2 rectangles. Place, 1 inch apart, on large greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes, or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
7. While cookies are hot, brush with hot Sugar Glaze. Cool cookies completely. Store in tightly covered container at least 2 weeks to mellow.