- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lebanese-Style Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe Video
|Grape leaves||32 Medium, preserve|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (For the Stuffing)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (For the Stuffing)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (For the Stuffing)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (short grain rice is best, For the Stuffing)|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon (For the Stuffing)|
|Mint leaves||1 Teaspoon, dried (For the Stuffing)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Stuffing)|
|Lemon juice||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup, For the Stuffing)|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup, For the Stuffing)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For the Broth)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced (For the Broth)|
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 87.5 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 60.3% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Line the bottom of your sauce pan with the sliced onion.
3. Place the grape leaves on a plate shiny side down.
4. In the middle of your grape leaf, place 1 tablespoon of the stuffing mixture and spread lengthwise.
5. Fold in the sides of the grape leaf and then wrap the leaf like an eggroll.
6. Place all of the rolled grape leaves in the prepared pot with sliced garlic between each layer.
7. When done, fill the pot with water, lemon juice, and olive oil.
8. Place an upside down plate on top of the grape leaves while cooking.
9. Cook grape leaves until the broth boils; turn down the temperature and simmer for one hour. Do not cover the pot with a lid.
10. Serve hot with a side of plain yogurt.