- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lebanese-Style Stuffed Eggplant Recipe Video
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon (about 1/3 cup)|
|Allspice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Pine nut||4 Tablespoon, toast (1/4 cup)|
|Eggplant||12 Medium (Italian eggplants)|
|Vegetable oil||6 Cup (96 tbs) (for frying)|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For the Broth)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Broth)|
Calories 1255 Calories from Fat 1132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.1%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 229.7 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat olive oil in large frying pan on high heat
3. Add ground beef into pan with salt, pepper, and Allspice. Move beef around the pan to break up the meet into smaller pieces. Cook until brown and crispy.
3. Add onions to the beef and cook until onions are soft.
4. Take mixture of the meat and place into a bowl. Mix in toasted pine nuts.
5. Using a small knife, peel alternating 1/2 inch strips of skin off of the eggplant.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a pot to 350 degrees.
7. Fry 3 eggplants at a time until they are golden in color. This takes about 8 minutes.
8. Place 12 eggplants onto a roasting pan.
9. Using a spoon, create a lengthwise cavity. Take care not to cut all the way down, so as not to split the eggplant.
10. Put 3 tablespoons of stuffing into each eggplant.
11. Mix together beef broth and tomato paste.
12. Cover the eggplants half way with sauce and bake for 15 minutes
13. Serve hot alongside basmati rice or a pilaf.