- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lean Pork Pitas Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and diced|
|Non-fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced into rounds|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Pita breads||4 , halved|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.5 mg
Sodium 168.4 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 32.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Across the grain, cut the pork into cutlets of about ½-inch each. Then cut each piece into thin strips.
2) Combine together the oil, mustard, lemon juice, oregano and garlic in a large bowl.
3) Add the pork pieces. Toss well so that the meat is coated properly. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
4) Combine together the sour cream, dill and cucumber in a small bowl.
5) Place in the fridge till required.
6) Serve as preferred.