- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kosher Cinnamon Walnut Babka Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2cup for crumb topping +1/2 cup for filling)|
|Margarine/Cooking butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2cup for crumb topping +1/2 cup for filling)|
|Walnut||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), ground|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for filling)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (for filling)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sweet dough||1 Pound|
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.5%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 451 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 6% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. For crumb topping, in a bowl, add flour, sugar, and a stick of margarine. Beat to incorporate ingredients. Set aside.
3. For walnut filling, in a mixing bowl combine ground walnut, brown sugar, white sugar, margarine, and cinnamon. Beat with blender on low to incorporate.
4. Roll dough into long strips about 8x 24 inches.
5. Spread the walnut mixture on dough.
6. Lift the edge, pull the dough out, and roll it tight.
7. Cut roll in half, and twist them as shown in video.
8. Put it in greased pan, and with a brush, apply beaten egg on top.
9. Sprinkle crumb and walnut mixture liberally on top. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
11. Remove when golden brown and risen and let cool sufficiently in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
12. Cut it into slices, and serve warm.
Do not sprinkle flour on the working counter, because you need to stick the dough on the surface. This will make it easy to roll.