- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leah's Famous Kosher Chocolate Babka Recipe Video
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided (for topping)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for topping)|
|Sweet dough||1 Pound|
|Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 961 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.3%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 741.9 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 45.7 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. For topping, in a bowl , add flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup margarine. Beat to incorporate ingredients. Set aside.
3. Divide dough into half, and roll them into long strips about 8x20 inch.
4. For chocolate filling, in oven proof bowl mix chocolate chips, cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup margarine, and vanilla. Place it in oven to melt chocolate and margarine. Remove from oven and stir.
5. Spread the chocolate mixture on dough. With a scraper, spread it evenly.
6. Lift the edge, pull the dough out, and roll it tight.
7. Cut roll in half, and twist them as shown in video.
8. Put it in pan, and allow it to rest for a minute. With a brush, apply beaten egg on top.
9. Sprinkle crumbled mixture, and put it the oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Cut it into slices and serve immediately.