- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leaf Artichokes with Mayonnaise Recipe
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Artichokes||3 Pound (4 large size)|
|For tarragon sauce|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2728 Calories from Fat 2069
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 231 g355.4%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94.2%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 157.1 mg
Sodium 4241.3 mg176.7%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.6%
Dietary Fiber 74 g295.9%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 293.2%
Calcium 64.1% Iron 102.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large kettle, combine 6 quarts water with the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Place the kettle over heat. Boil.
3. Trim stalk from base of artichokes to get 1 inch slices.
4. Snip off spike ends and remove discolored leaves.
5. Wash artichokes in cold water, and drain.
6. Using twine, tie each artichoke around, to hold leaves in place.
7. Add to the boiling water mixture.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes till the artichokes are soft. Drain water and remove excess liquid.
9. Cool artichokes. Refrigerate till serving time.
10. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and tarragon. Mix well.
11. Refrigerate the tarragon sauce, covered.
12. On a large platter or individual serving dishes place these artichokes. Top each one with a mushroom cap.
13. Serve Leaf Artichokes With Mayonnaise chill with tarragon sauce.