- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leadville Lasagna Recipe
|Medium||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomatoes||16 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Fennel seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Lasagna||8 Ounce, uncooked|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.6 mg
Sodium 1062.5 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 69 g137.3%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 64.1%
Calcium 85.2% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a non-stick skillet, saute the ground turkey, onion and garlic until the turkey turns brown.
3) Discard the excess fat.
4) Into the skillet, add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano and fennel seed.
5) Place a lid on the skillet and cook covered on low flame for about 15 minutes.
6) In a bowl, add cottage cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper and egg. Beat well to get a creamy mixture. Keep aside.
7) Pour 1/3 cup of the turkey sauce into a 13X9X2-inch baking dish.
8) Rinse the lasagna in hot water. Drain. Layer 4 lasagna sheets in the baking dish over the meat sauce.
9) Spread half the quantity of the cheese mixture over the lasagna sheets. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the cheese mixture.
10) Pour the rest of the turkey sauce, followed with the four lasagna sheets, the cheese mixture and remaining mozzarella cheese.
11) Lastly, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
12) Bake the lasagna for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the cheese on top turns golden brown and starts bubbling.
13) Slice the Leadville Lasagna and serve hot.