- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Le Beaux Fish Dish Recipe
|Halibut||2 1⁄2 Pound (1000 Gram)|
|Fish stock/Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||10 Ounce, sliced (250 Gram)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mussels||4 Ounce, freshly steamed or canned (100 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.5 mg
Sodium 306 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the fish from the bone, sprinkle with salt and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2) Rinse and dry the fish.
3) Cut into 2 1/2 cm (1 in.) strips.
4) Grease a pot or a deep frying pan with butter.
5) Put the fish in it.
6) Pour the stock and wine over.
7) Cover, and steam the fish until tender over a very low heat for approximately 10-15 minutes.
8) Remove the fish carefully with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
9) In a cast-iron pot, Melt the butter.
10) Steam the mushrooms in the pot for 2 minutes without letting them change colour.
11) Blend the sour cream with the cornstarch.
12) Sieve the fish stock and add to the mushrooms.
13) Add the sour cream with the cornstarch.
14) Stir carefully all the time.
15) Cook the sauce over a low heat for 5 minutes.
16) Stir the egg yolk with 1 tbsp white wine and a little of the warm sauce.
17) Add the mussels and chopped parsley.
18) Heat the sauce carefully through. but do not boil
19) Serve the fish as main dish.