- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Latin Grilled Pork Chops with Fire Roasted Tomato Corn Salsa and Black Beans Recipe Video
|For the black beans:|
|Black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the corn salsa:|
|Corn||2 , shucked|
|Vine tomatoes||160 Gram|
|Serrano peppers||2 , seeded|
|Onion||1 , cut in 1 inch thick slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|For the pork chops:|
|Seasoning blend||3 Tablespoon (Latin seasoning blend)|
Calories 1672 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 56.9 mg
Sodium 471.3 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 278 g92.7%
Dietary Fiber 42.2 g168.7%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 75 g150.7%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 41% Iron 111.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot with a teaspoon of olive oil, caramelize the garlic
2. once slightly brown, add in the black beans and chicken stock and let it simmer. Once done, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Half and squeeze out the juice of the vine ripe tomatoes.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the corn, tomatoes, serrano peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper.
5. Season the pork chops on both sides with the latin seasoning blend.
6. Place the pork chops onto the grill and grill till done.
7. After 8 minutes, put on the seasoned vegetables onto the grill and grill them for 8 minutes.
8. Once done, take off grill and chop all the vegetables and place in a bowl.
9. Finish with cilantro, lime juice and green onion. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
10. Plate the salsa, pork chops and black beans and serve as main course.