- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Latin American Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Light molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold coffee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Double Strength)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||24 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 865 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.6%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g132.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.2 mg
Sodium 357.7 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 84.5 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 375° F
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar and butter, creaming them until fluffy and light.
3) Sift flour along with salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder and soda.
4) Add it to the creamed sugar-butter mixture alternating with coffee-molasses mixture.
5) Blend after adding each portion.
6) Fold the chocolate morsels in.
7) Take a baking sheet and grease it.
8) Drop the mixture on to the baking sheet with the aid of a teaspoon.
9) Bake at moderate temperature in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes
10) Serve as required.