- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower and Cheese Patties Recipe
|Frozen cauliflower||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Enriched white bread slice||1|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sweetened applesauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream topping||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg
Sodium 1430.4 mg59.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 238.5%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until tender.
3) Remove from heat and drain.
4) In a blender, mix together cauliflower, cheese, bread, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
5) Blend the cheese mixture until smooth.
6) On a non-stick baking pan, spoon the cheese mixture to make 6 equal size patties.
7) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until light browned on bottom and crisp on top.
8) Serve topped with applesauce and sour cream.