- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lasagne Ring Mold Recipe
|Lasagna||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Gram)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210 mg
Sodium 361.9 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 24.2 g
Protein 29 g58.2%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the lasagna according to the manufacturers instructions
2. Rinse the lasagna under hot running water to remove the surface starch
3. Preheat the oven to 190° C / 375° F / Gas Mark 5
4. Butter a ring mould (900-ml / 1 1/2-pt size)
5. Line the ring mould with the cooked pieces of the lasagna.
6. Set aside till required
7. In a large pan, tip in the bacon
8. Fry the bacon till it’s cooked
9. Add the onions and cook till it is soft. If the pan becomes too dry, add some extra butter and fry well
10. Mix the cheese, eggs, egg yolks, cream and milk.
11. Add the contents of the frying pan to the egg mixture and mix well
12. Check the seasoning and adjust it
13. Carefully tip this mixture into the prepared tin
14. Stand the mould in a roasting tin two-thirds full of hot water and bake in the oven at 190° C / 375° F / Gas Mark 5 for 45 minutes, or until the custard has just set.
15. Place a heated serving dish upside down over the mould.
16. Invert the mould and plate and give a sharp shake to dislodge the lasagna on to the plate.
17. Serve hot with sauce and sour cream