- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Lasagna Recipe
|Lasagna||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|For the meat sauce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lean beef||1 Pound, minced (450 Gram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Canned tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 Can, 425 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄4 Pint (1.5 Deciliter)|
Calories 749 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.7 mg
Sodium 855 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 55 g110%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 52.9% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel onion and garlic; chop finely.
2. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
3. In a large saucepan, heat oil.
4. Stir in onion; cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
5. Stir in garlic and beef and fry for another few minutes until the meat is well browned.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add all the tomatoes along with the juices from the tin, tomato puree and the stock.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours until the sauce is thick enough.
9. When the sauce is ready, remove from heat and taste for seasoning; adjust as required.
10. In a pan of boiling salted water, add lasagna and boil uncovered for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
11. Immediately drain in a colander and separate the pieces.
12. In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and egg (sieved cottage cheese may be used instead of ricotta cheese).
13. Keep the Parmesan cheese ready for putting up the dish.
14. In the bottom of a large shallow baking dish, spoon a little of the meat sauce and spread all over the bottom.
15. Top with a layer of lasagne.
16. Next, spread a layer of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
17. Repeat layering in the same sequence and end with a layer of sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
18. Place the baking dish in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbling hot and browned.
19. Allow the dish to stand for 5 minutes after cooking.
20. Serve with a tossed salad.