- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lasagna Part 2 Recipe Video
|For the sauce|
|Bacon grease||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Chopped garilc||3 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||42 Ounce (3 cans)|
|Canned tomato paste||28 Ounce (2 cans)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs) (2-3)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Four cheese mexican blend||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 941 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.2%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 158.8 mg52.9%
Sodium 2183.4 mg91%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 53 g107%
Vitamin A 54.4% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 64.6% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat the bacon grease and saute onion and 2-3 teaspoons of garlic along with salt and pepper, until the onions are caramelized.
2. Add in the sausage meat and hamburger, break it and mix well, add in the Italian seasoning.
3. Stir and cook until the meat is browned.
4. Once the meat is browned, transfer the meat mixture in a strainer and strain off all the fat, put the meat back in same pot.
5. Place the pot on heat and add in the stewed tomatoes, stir well to mix.
6. Put in the tomato paste and mix.
7. Pour in the chicken stock, stir well to mix and allow simmer.
8. Add in more Italian seasoning, remaining garlic and bay leaves, and stir well to mix.
9. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
10. If the sauce is too thick add in more chicken stock to make it thinner, remove the bay leaves and discard.
11. Preheat the oven for 375 F
12. In a baking dish, spread the sauce in thin layer, put a layer of lasagne noodle.
13. Cover the noodles with 1/3 of sauce all over the noodles, put ½ of the ricotta cheese in small dollops all around.
14. Put some sour cream all over the sauce and sprinkle with ½ of the mozzarella cheese.
15. Put the layer of noodles, ½ of the sauce, remaining ricotta, remaining mozzarella cheese and 4 cheese Mexicana and cover with a layer of noodles.
16. Pour the remaining sauce on top, spread it evenly and spread the cheddar cheese all over the top.
17. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until light browned on top.
18. Cut and serve hot as desired.