- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Laotian Grilled Beef Steak Skewers Recipe Video
|Beef steak||1 Pound (cut into 1/8 inch thick and 2 inch long)|
|Rice wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, chop|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 69.2 mg
Sodium 972.1 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need6 bamboo skewers
1. Cut the beef steak into 1/8 inch thick and 2 inch long, trim the excess fat.
2. Chop the garlic, dice the onions, and keep it aside.
3. In a bowl combine the beef steak along with rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, cornstarch and sesame seeds, mix everything together.
4. Once done let the beef sit in the marinade for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, thread 3-4 pieces of the beef steak into the bamboo skewers.
6. On high heat preheat the grill pan for 1 minute, place the skewers in the grill pan and let it cook for 1 minute on each side or until cooked.
7. In a wok over high heat pour the oil and sauté the onions for 3 minutes or until translucent.
8. Once done transfer the sautéed onions in the serving plate and place the beef skewers on it.
9. Serve the beef steak skewers along with a chilled bottle of beer.