- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Laotian Chicken with Papaya Salad Recipe Video
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|For the papaya salad|
|Papaya||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red chilli||2 Medium|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||4 Medium, halved|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Small|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 178.7 mg
Sodium 1542.4 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 144.8%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBaking dish
1. Wash and make cuts in the chicken diagonally.
2. Marinate the chicken legs with sugar, salt, oyster sauce and garlic powder, season it well and let it rest for 1 hour.
3. Prepare a baking pan line it with foil.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degree on broil setting.
5. Shred the papaya,
6. After 1 hour place the chicken legs on the baking tray and bake it in the preheated oven for 1 hour, flip the chicken after 30 minutes intervals.
7. In the meantime make the papaya salad, in a mortar pound the garlic and red chili, add the papaya and cut the cherry tomatoes in half, sugar, roasted peanut and fish sauce, lime juice and smash everything in the mortar.
8. Once done transfer the papaya salad in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
9. Once the chicken is done remove and let it rest.
10. Serve the baked chicken along with papaya salad on the side.