- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Kebab with Eggplant Recipe Video
|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Mint||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Cilantro||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Greek style yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 1089 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dice onion into small pieces, chop cilantro and mint together - reserve 2 tablespoons of chopped herbs and diced onion for yogurt sauce.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix ground lamb with herbs and onion - mix well with your hands.
4. Next, add salt, chili powder, cumin powder - keep mixing until everything is well blended.
5. Working with wet hands, take some ground lamb - same amount like you were making large meatballs - and shape the meat around the skewer in the shape of a breakfast sausage.
6. Keep shaping meat around skewers until you have used all the meat.
7. Make sure your BBQ is clean and greased. Put the skewers on the grill in a diagonal so they are easier to pick and turn. If you use a gas BBQ, put the lid down and cook for about six to eight minutes on medium high, then turn the skewers and cook for another five minutes until done.
8. Mix yogurt with 2 tablespoons herbs and onions (reserved mixture), add ground cumin, mix well and serve with the lamb.
I usually serve the lamb skewers with brown rice.
For more information please visit: http://www.easymacuisine.com