- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savoury Lamb Shanks Recipe Video
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper corn||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb shank||500 Gram|
|Tomato pasta sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chop|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1368 Calories from Fat 817
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 335 mg111.7%
Sodium 967.3 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 98 g196.3%
Vitamin A 60.2% Vitamin C 97.8%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil. Add bay leaves and pepper.
2. Stir until aromatic. Add lamb shanks and sear on all sides.
3. Add boiling water enough to cover the lamb shanks.
4. Cover and let it simmeron low for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Heat another pan and add sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil.
6. When the lamb is tender, add to the sauce along with some stock and simmer for a few more minutes.
7. Serve the braised lamb shanks with fresh greens and crusty bread on the side.