- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb with Mango and Chilli Recipe
|Lamb chump chops||4|
|Mango chutney||4 Tablespoon (Relish)|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2475 Calories from Fat 1561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.8%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1921 mg80%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 82.4 g
Protein 130 g259%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the cider vinegar, sugar, cinnamon and spices in a small pan and heat gently, stirring continuously, until the sugar dissolves.
3. Stir the mango into the mixture in the pan and cook gently at the side of the barbecue (grill) or on the stove for about 5 minutes or until the mango is soft.
4. Barbecue (grill) the chops on an oiled rack for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Combine the mango chutney (relish) and chilli sauce in a small bowl and brush the glaze over the chops.
6. Continue to barbecue (grill) for a few more minutes on each side until the lamb is cooked, turning and basting frequently with the mango chutney (relish) and chilli glaze.
7. Serve with grilled vegetables and the spicy mango relish.