- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb With Fragrant Rice Recipe
|Lamb chump chops with bone||4|
|Cinnamon stick||1 (5 Cm)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Almond||125 Gram, blanched|
|Sultanas||125 Gram, blanched|
|For the rempah|
|Green ginger piece||2 Inch (Use Fresh)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Chili||2 (Use Fresh)|
|Cardamom pods||2 , shell discarded|
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 298.4 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g51.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mortar, pound rempah ingredients until fine.
2) In a pan heat 4 tbsp oil and fry rempah until fragrant.
3) Add cinnamon and lemon grass.
4) Discard the excess fat from the chops. Cut in halve.
5) Fry slowly with rempah until well coated.
6) As the meat browns, add hot water and simmer the mixture over a low heat for 3/4 hour until the meat is cooked.
7) Mix lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
8) Take out the meat and lemon grass.
9) Cook rive in the regular way in the stock. When almost done add sultanas.
10) Arrange lamb on top of the rice cooking over a low flame. Cook until rice is ready.
11) Garnish with pieces of blanched almonds and sprinkle crispy onion flakes on top.