- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Stew with Caraway Recipe
|Boneless lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Cover)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut into large cubes|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut in large cubes|
|Onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||6 , cut into thick slices|
|Carrots||6 , cut in thick slices|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.1 mg
Sodium 198.2 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 208.2% Vitamin C 70.4%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet heat oil and brown lamb cubes well on all sides.
2. Sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring well to coat lamb and cover meats with wine and water.
3. Sprinkle with caraway seeds, cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
4. Add potatoes, onions and carrots, cover tightly and cook slowly until lamb is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.