- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Everyday Lamb Stew Recipe
|Lamb shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery with leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onions||14 Small, peeled|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mixed with 1/4 c. water|
Calories 937 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.2%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 161 mg
Sodium 1517.4 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.5%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 46 g93%
Vitamin A 236.7% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 21% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a meat board, cut lamb into 1 ½ inch cubes and set aside.
2. On a vegetable board, cut carrots into 2 inch pieces and set aside.
3. Use a medium-size heavy saucepan.
4. Heat oil in the pan over medium heat.
5. Add lamb to hot oil and brown evenly.
6. Add herbs, ginger, onions, carrots and seasoning to the meat.
7. Sautee for 2 minutes.
8. Pour 4 cups water to the pan and stir.
9. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
10. Reduce the heat and simmer stew for 1 hour until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
11. Make slurry of the flour in water.
12. Stir slurry into hot stew and cook for another 2 minutes until stew thickens.
13. Serve stew over steamed brown rice or in soup plates with dumplings.