- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Shish Kabobs Recipe
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless lamb||3 Pound, cut in 2-inch cubes|
|Green peppers||4 Medium|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, quartered|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.4 mg
Sodium 729.3 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 100 g200.6%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 255.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients and add lamb cubes to it. Stir nicely to coat.
2) Let the lamb marinate for 2 days. Keep turning.
3) Make cups of the onions by peeling and quartering them, then removing the centre pieces.
4) Carve oval in the green peppers by cutting of sides.
5) In four 12-inch skewers alternately thread pieces of onion, lamb, green pepper, and tomato.
6) Now, coat the kabobs on the skewers with marinade and broil about 4 inches away from heat for 15 minutes. Keep turning and brushing until done.
7) Serve the lamb shish kabobs with mint and coriander dip.