- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Shanks with Barley and Garlic Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||30 Clove (150 gm)|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Barley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
Calories 1440 Calories from Fat 848
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.5%
Saturated Fat 43.7 g218.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.5 mg
Sodium 901.3 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 77 g153.1%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
8. Take an ovenproof pan with light fitted lid on it.
9. Cook the lamb chunk in butter and olive oil combination so that all the sides of the lamb become brown.
10. Remove the lamb from the pan , stir wine and water into the pan against low medium heat scraping bottom and sides of the pan.
11. Now set the lamb aside and sprinkle with rosemary.
12. Now add minimum 30 cloves of garlic and put a foil sheet over the pan covering the lamb and its seasonings; then place the light lid for complete sealing.
13. Bake the dish at 350ÂºF temperature for 1 Â½ minutes.
FOR PREPARING BARLEY
14. Stir fry mushroom in Â¼ cup butter and set the fried mushroom aside.
15. Then further add 1/4 cup of butter in the pan until it turns golden brown.
16. Mix it in mushrooms and place the cooked mix in casserole; add further 21/2 cups of beef bouillon in it.
17. Again cover the baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes at 350ÂºF temperature.
18. Now take lot on the ingredients ; add extra bouillon 1 cup if it is required.
19. Now cook the mix uncovered until liquid is absorbed in the preparation and barley is completely cooked.
20. Add as and when required for serving.
21. Enjoy the delicacy.