- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Shanks Milanaise Recipe
|Lamb shanks||4 , trimmed of all excess fat|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bouillon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Hot)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon rind||1 , minced (Rind Of 1 Medium Lemon)|
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.9 mg
Sodium 373.9 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 64 g128.8%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
2) Take a heavy casserole or Dutch oven; heat butter and brown the coated shanks in it on all sides.
3) Discard excess butter and cook the shanks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minute after covering with wine.
4) Pour in bouillon and cook, covered for about 2 hours till the meat is soft.
5) Combine parsley, garlic, and lemon rind and place on shanks ten minutes before serving time and cook again for 5 minutes.
6) If the sauce is too thick, add a little more hot bouillon or if it is too thin, blend together 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 tablespoon flour into a smooth paste and stir into the sauce and cook for 5 minutes longer.
7) Serve the meat with sauce.