- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Roll with Brown Sauce Recipe
|Ground lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lamb fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mushrooms||2 Ounce, drained|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Parsley||1 , chopped|
|Stuffed olives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped sweet pickles||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered mustard||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 90.6 mg
Sodium 950.1 mg39.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 425°F before baking.
2) Take a heavy skillet and put all ingredients except dough, milk, and sauce in it.
3) Cook for 10 minutes over low heat and let cool.
4) On a lightly floured board, place the Biscuit Dough and even out into a rectangle of thickness 1/4 inch.
5) Layer the meat mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge of the rectangle.
6) Roll up like jelly roll fashion and seal after moistening edges with water.
7) In a greased shallow pan, place the roll and apply milk.
8) Oven bake for about 30 minutes until crust is browned well.
9) While still hot, cut the roll and arrange on a hot platter.
10) Pour Brown Sauce over the slices or if desired, serve sauce in a separate dish.