- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Lamb Ragout Recipe
|Lamb cubes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 soup can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Caraway seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, quartered for about 2 cups|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, cut in wedges|
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 112.3 mg
Sodium 622.9 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 97.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dredge the lamb cubes thoroughly with flour.
2) In a large heavy kettle or pot, brown the lamb cubes in shortening.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water, salt, pepper, garlic, and caraway seed.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour; stirring occasionally.
5) Stir in the potatoes, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
6) Place the cabbage on top, cover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the lamb and vegetables are tender.
7) Serve the Lamb Ragout immediately on serving plates.