- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Pilaf Recipe
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Cooked lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into bite size pieces|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 , peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Sliced cooked zucchini/Other green vegetable||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.6 mg
Sodium 189.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 47 g94.5%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1 1/2-quart glass or ceramic casserole and heat oil on high heat in the microwave.
2) Add onions and fry in the oil for a minute.
3) Add the spices, mix well and continue cooking in the microwave for 30 seconds.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients, mix and cook for 8 minutes in the microwave.
5) During the process of cooking, rotate the dish one-quarter of a turn every 2 minutes for even cooking of the contents.
6) Serve hot with suggested garnish of raisins and almonds.