- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb 'N' Potato Cakes Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Chopped cold cooked lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cooked, peeled and finely chopped|
|Gravy coloring||1 Tablespoon (Bottled)|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.6 mg56.2%
Sodium 166.5 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan saute onion in 1 tablespoon drippings 2 to 3 minutes such that softened.
2. Stir in lamb, potatoes, egg and catsup seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed and mix well.
3. Shape into 8 even-size patties and brush each lightly on both sides with gravy coloring.
4. In the same frying pan saute, adding more drippings as needed, such that heated through and well browned.
5. Serve hot with desired garnish.