- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb 'N' Potato Cakes Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Chopped cold cooked lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cooked, peeled and finely chopped|
|Gravy coloring||1 Tablespoon (Bottled)|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.5 mg
Sodium 146.2 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan saute onion in 1 tablespoon drippings 2 to 3 minutes such that softened.
2. Stir in lamb, potatoes, egg and catsup seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed and mix well.
3. Shape into 8 even-size patties and brush each lightly on both sides with gravy coloring.
4. In the same frying pan saute, adding more drippings as needed, such that heated through and well browned.
5. Serve hot with desired garnish.