- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb N Avar In Recipe
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Clarified butter/Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
Calories 1205 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.7%
Saturated Fat 38.9 g194.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.7 mg
Sodium 435.6 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.2%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 321.7% Vitamin C 108.9%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dice lamb into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes.
2) Cut carrots into 1-inch slices after scraping them.
3) Skin the turnips and onions and cut turnips into four.
4) Fry lamb pieces in clarified butter until browned.
5) Add shallots and sauté until brown.
6) Further add in flour, water, tomatoes, wine, garlic, and herb bouquet and boil for 45 minutes.
7) Remove meat from heat and pour liquid over it, seasoning with salt and pepper.
8) Sauté vegetables in the butter until browned and mix with meat and liquid.
9) Boil, covered for 30 to 45 minutes until tender and add water or bouillon if essential and skim off fat.
10) Serve hot with crusty bread.