- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Meat Loaf On A Bed Of Cabbage Recipe
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Lean ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Lean ground beef||8 Ounce|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cabbage head||1 , cored, shredded|
|Beef stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg
Sodium 340.5 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 87.6%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a skillet, over moderate heat, heat oil and stir-fry onion, celery, and garlic in it for about 4 minutes and then allow to cool slightly.
3) Take a bowl and combine together lamb, beef, rice, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and onion mixture in it.
4) Figure the mixture into a loaf about 8 by 3 inches.
5) In a nonstick roasting pan, place cabbage and then top with meat loaf.
6) Add stock over this and then bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours until meat is heated through.
7) To a serving platter, transfer meat loaf and cabbage on the completion of cooking time.
8) Serve hot.