- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Kebabs With Cucumber Yogurt Sauce Recipe
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless lean leg of lamb||1⁄2 Pound, well-trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into wedges|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch square|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch square|
|Pitted prunes||10 , cut into 1/4-inch dice|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2664 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.1 mg
Sodium 1054.4 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 493 g164.2%
Dietary Fiber 56.5 g225.9%
Sugars 170.8 g
Protein 116 g232.2%
Vitamin A 270.8% Vitamin C 823.2%
Calcium 72.8% Iron 52.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, for the sauce, peel, seed, grate and squeeze dry the cucumber; you should have about 1/2 cup. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, mint and remaining lemon juice. Stir well, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Fifteen minutes before serving, preheat the broiler.
4. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place the couscous in a medium-size heatproof bowl, pour the boiling water over it and cover the bowl tightly; set the couscous aside to steam 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, thread the lamb cubes, tomatoes, onion wedges and bell pepper squares alternately on 6 skewers. Broil the kebabs 4 inches from the heat 4 minutes, then turn and broil another 4 minutes.
6. Uncover the couscous and fluff it with a fork. Add the prunes and mix well. Turn the couscous onto a platter, arrange the kebabs on top.