- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Kabobs Recipe
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Boneless lamb||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 12 equal pieces|
|Shallots/Pearl onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.8 mg
Sodium 122.9 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 35 g69.7%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium size glass or stainless-steel mixing bowl, prepare marinade by mixing yogurt, mint and garlic.
2. Add lamb and coat with marinade evenly on all sides.
3. Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
5. On a 12 inch metal skewer, thread half of the lamb, shallots and cherry tomatoes alternately.
6. Similarly, thread the other skewer as well.
7. Brush yogurt mixture over shallots and cherry tomatoes.
8. On the grilling rack, arrange the skewers and cook for 8 minutes until the lamb is brown; occasionally turn kabobs.
9. Serve with mint chutney.