- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb In The French Manner Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Leg lamb||4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.1 mg
Sodium 238.8 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 56 g112.9%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 450°F.
2) Slice the garlic cloves into slivers.
3) Cut small slits in lamb and insert garlic slivers.
4) In a bowl, add rosemary, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper, to taste. Combine well.
5) Spread the mixture all over the meat.
6) In a roasting pan, place the lamb.
7) Place the pan in a rack to roast the meat, without covering, for 20 minutes.
8) Lower oven temperature to 325 °F and continue to roast for 20 minutes per pound, or until done to your taste.
9) In a heated serving platter, place the cooked lamb. Allow to stand for 15 minutes, before starting to carve.
10) Serve as a main dish with bread roll.