- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb In Red Wine Recipe
|Leg of lamb||5 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry red wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5417 Calories from Fat 2922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 326 g500.9%
Saturated Fat 143.8 g718.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1648.5 mg
Sodium 1836.2 mg76.5%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 438 g875.1%
Vitamin A 445.5% Vitamin C 73.3%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 240.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
2. Rip off the excess fat from the lamb and remove its thin membrane.
3. Peel garlic and slice each clove into 3 or 4 slivers.
4. Make small incisions in the meat using a sharp knife and stuff it with garlic slivers.
5. Rub salt, freshly ground pepper and oil over the lamb and dust it with ginger.
6. Peel and chop the carrots and onions very coarsely.
7. Take a roasting pan and soften the butter in it. Brown the meat over moderate heat to seal the juices.
8. Take the meat from the pan and cook carrots and onions for about few minutes in butter until it turns golden.
9. Take a large oven proof dish and spoon the vegetable mixture over it and garnish it with thyme and top it with the meat. Wrap it with the foil or cover it with a lid.
10. Place the dish towards the center of the preheated oven and cook the meat for about 25 minutes at 425°F. Pour the wine over the meat and cook for another 1 ¼ hours in temperature lowered to 350° F.
11. Baste it twice or thrice with wine during the cooking time.
12. Take of the lamb and serve it warm.
13. Strain off the cooking juices and boil them briskly until it gets reduced by 1/3. Draw the paper towels over the surface to remove the fat or chuck off the fat using the spoon.
14. Heat the juices and adjust its seasoning.
15. Serve roasted potatoes with young carrots and toast it with chopped parsley, lamb.Add the pan juices to the sauceboat or serve it separate as gravy.