- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb In Pastry Recipe
|Leg lamb||4 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shortening/Lard||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 teaspoon water|
Calories 1485 Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.4%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.2%
Trans Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 387 mg
Sodium 379 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 94 g188.1%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.8% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the bone of the leg of the lamb and trim any excess fat.
2) Marinate the leg with salt, pepper, and butter and roast in a oven at 425 degree F, Gas Mark 7, for 1-1/4 hours.
3) Allow it to cool.
4) Sift flour and salt in a bowl.
5) Add butter and lard and rub until it resembles breadcrumb.
6) Pour water and make a smooth dough.
7) Roll out the dough into a large rectangular sheet so that it can enclose the leg of the lamb completely.
8) Wrap the leg in the dough, prick the dough all over with a knife, brush with egg and water mixture and bake at 375 degree F, Gas Mark 5, for 45 minutes.
9) Serve hot with sauce.