- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Cutlets Shrewsbury Recipe
|Vegetable fat||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound (100 Grams)|
|Red currant||4 Tablespoon|
|Red currant jelly||4 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , chopped|
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.3 mg
Sodium 186 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim fat or skin.
2. Dredge with seasoned flour.
3. Stem and slice mushrooms.
4. Preheat the oven to 325Â°F (170Â°C or Gas No. 3)
5. In a large frying, melt the butter over moderate heat
6. When hot add the cutlets and sear, on both sides.
7. Remove and transfer cutlets to a casserole.
8. Add mushrooms over the cutlets.
9. In saucepan, blend together currant jelly, W-sauce and lemon juice.
10. Heat, stirring with whisk, until jelly melts.
11. To the drippings in saucepan, add flour and sautÃ© for about 10 minutes on low flame.
12. Add redcurrant sauce and stock, whisking until smooth.
13. Cook, stirring, for about on low flame until sauce is thick.
14. Season sauce to taste.
15. Strain sauce over cutlets and vegetables in casserole.
16. Cover tightly with lid, transfer to middle level of preheated oven
17. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, until meat is fork tender.
18. Serve cutlets and mushroom and sauce garnished with parsley.