- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Cutlets Chops In Pastry Recipe
|Lamb chops||6 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned and chopped|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, very finely chopped or ground|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, very finely chopped or ground|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen puff pastry||14 Ounce, thawed (1 Packet)|
|Egg yolks||2 , mixed with 2 tablespoons water|
Calories 1007 Calories from Fat 701
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.1%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.9 mg
Sodium 495 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F (Gas Mark 7).
2) Use half the butter or margarine to dot the cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
3) Grill (broil) each side of the cutlets till they are soften.
4) In the meantime mix the tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley and ham together.
5) Allow the remaining butter or margarine to melt and mix with the tomato mixture.
6) Even out the pastry dough and cut into six even rectangles big enough to contain the cutlets.
7) Spoon over the tomato mixture on each piece of the pastry dough.
8) Keep a cutlet on this and pour another spoon of the tomato mixture on the top.
9) Fold the arrangement to a parcel.
10) Transfer this onto a baking sheet with joins below.
11) Decorate the pastry by trimmings.
12) Apply egg yolk mixture and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or till the pastry is browned.
13) Serve hot.