- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Curry Recipe
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Creamed coconut||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Beef stock||1 Pint (600 ml)|
|Boneless lamb||1 Pound, cubed (450 g)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander sprigs||2 (to garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1831 Calories from Fat 905
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 28.3 g141.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.6 mg
Sodium 1283.7 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 142 g284.3%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, add half the amount of oil and heat.
2) Add onion and garlic and fry till onion turns transparent.
3) Add the ginger and coconut and lower heat, to cook gently for 2 minutes.
4) Add in the curry powder, stock, and seasoning and allow to boil.
5) Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) In another pan, add the leftover oil and add the lamb with a seasoning of salt, pepper and coriander.
7) Fry for 5-6 minutes stirring regularly till the lamb is well browned, then add to the coconut sauce.
8) Gently cook on low heat for about 1 hour, till lamb is tender, and then mix in the jam.
9) To freeze, cool and store in a sealable container.
10) To serve after freezing, allow to thaw for 4-6 hours at room temperature.
11) When required, pour into a flameproof casserole and gently boil, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
12) Place coriander sprigs to garnish.
13) Serve over a bed of hot rice, accompanied by tomato and onion salad, or cucumber raita.