- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Chops With Hoosier Mint Ice Recipe
|Superfine sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lamb chop||36 Ounce, trimmed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3774 Calories from Fat 1329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.8%
Saturated Fat 70.6 g352.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 673.5 mg
Sodium 1588.2 mg66.2%
Total Carbohydrates 428 g142.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 404.2 g
Protein 190 g380.8%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 169.1%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 130.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, mix water and sugar well. Place on medium heat and cook, stirring intermittently for 6 minutes. Add lemon juice.
2. Take a shallow dish, keep mint leaves and top with sugar mixture. Cover firmly and allow to freeze.
3. Take out, break the ice and pas though a food processor with steel bleed to get a puree. Replace in the freezer.
4. Preheat broiler at mealtime.
5. Take a small bowl, mix thyme, garlic, pepper and salt and use the mixture to sprinkle on either sides of the lamb chops.
6. Arrange chops on the rack in the preheated broiler pan kept at 6 inches away from heat and allow to broil for 6 minutes, turning after 4 minutes, till chops are cook turn pink in the center.
7. Serve on heated platter followed by mint ice in frosted glass, just pureed.